This is the second memé that Angelika tagged me sometime ago. With my apologies for the delay; here are the answers:

2. Which cookbook is the one you bought recently?
"The Big Book of Sauces" by Anne Sheasby. I already had her other "big" book for breads and it is very useful also.

3. Which cookbook is the one you read most recently?
It was the "Mediterranean Light" by Martha Rose Shulman, giving very nice ideas about the topic.
4. Name 5 cookbooks which mean much to you:
a) "From Anna's Kitchen" by Anna Thomas. She is the awarded author of "The Vegetarien Epicure". Though I do not have her first book the one I mentioned is beautifully written and you can almost smell the ingredients by her vivid descriptions. I am not a vegetarien but I like her solution of vegetarien combinations and cooking methods.

b and c) Two other books in Turkish by Tijen İnaltong who is another vegetarien but presents very good selection of original recipes of her own and local ones that would be lost otherwise. "The tale of Herbs" and "Tales from the Fruit Tree" are both giving information about most unknown herbs and fruits and the ways to prepare them.

d) "Ingredients" by Loukie Werle and Jill Cox. Ok it does not include recipes but how can you cook a certain ingredient if you do not know what it is? I check this entirely informative book often as a person who likes to try new things in her kitchen.

- How many cookbooks do you own?

2. Which cookbook is the one you bought recently?
"The Big Book of Sauces" by Anne Sheasby. I already had her other "big" book for breads and it is very useful also.

3. Which cookbook is the one you read most recently?
It was the "Mediterranean Light" by Martha Rose Shulman, giving very nice ideas about the topic.
4. Name 5 cookbooks which mean much to you:
a) "From Anna's Kitchen" by Anna Thomas. She is the awarded author of "The Vegetarien Epicure". Though I do not have her first book the one I mentioned is beautifully written and you can almost smell the ingredients by her vivid descriptions. I am not a vegetarien but I like her solution of vegetarien combinations and cooking methods.

b and c) Two other books in Turkish by Tijen İnaltong who is another vegetarien but presents very good selection of original recipes of her own and local ones that would be lost otherwise. "The tale of Herbs" and "Tales from the Fruit Tree" are both giving information about most unknown herbs and fruits and the ways to prepare them.

d) "Ingredients" by Loukie Werle and Jill Cox. Ok it does not include recipes but how can you cook a certain ingredient if you do not know what it is? I check this entirely informative book often as a person who likes to try new things in her kitchen.

Tülin, you had a very busy evening yesterday ;-) ! Thank you for sharing your favourite cookbooks list. Very interesting, indeed. And I can see again that you are a true vegetable and herb lover (like me). Well, maybe you know ;-), I have a very beautiful and truly intersting TURKISH cookbook (in German) lying here, which I now read bit by bit (or bite by bite ?) every evening. It makes me rather hungry ;-). In addition to the Italian cuisine I seem to be right on the way specializing on Eastern Mediterranean cooking.... Thank you for inspiring me ! Take care, angelika
Dear Tulin,
I could write in turkish but since this blog is in english, it would be a problem for other bloggers to read. thank you so much for giving the names of my books and putting the pictures of it. you know what? a greek publisher has shown interest for translating 'The Tale of Greens' into Greek. Hopefully they'll be translated into other languages some day. I'd very much like it to happen.
By the way, my last book 'A Recipe for each Day' has just been published. Have you seen it?
Lots of love and good wishes for the new year.
Tijen