domestic cat

in english ... at least trying to be...


Marinated Feta



Here is a combination of ingredients which goes very well as part of an antipasto platter. Greek feta cheese is made of a mixture of sheep's and goat's milk and has a salty taste. It is not for your breakfast table but accompanies very well salads, meat, fish and roasted vegetables. It is an appetizer on its own but you can use it in baked goods as well as different mezes. You can use any type of white hard cheese for marinating; the main ingredient here, is extra virgin olive oil. If your cheese crumbles while cutting; try using a sharp knife which has dipped in hot water and dried each time you cut. It keeps well in the fridge; and the oil, which will be very aromatic at the end; could be used in salads or dips, or you can just drizzle your olives before serving.


  • Feta cheese
  • extra virgin olive oil
  • sundried tomatoes
  • bay leaves
  • black peppercorns
  • capers
  • oregano or thyme



Start by cutting the cheese in 2cm cubes. In a clean jar, made layers of cheese, tomatoes and bay leaves and sprinkle with peppercorns and capers. You can add a chili pepper inside for a hot twist. After filling the jar with loose layers of cheese mixture; fill it up with extra virgin olive oil. Your marinated cheese will be ready in one week. Before each serving, bring the jar at room temperature to thaw the oil a little....enjoy.


3 Responses to “Marinated Feta”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Tülin, as you may already have noticed this surely is an antipasto (or meze) I am always keen on .... I will definitely make this within the next days. Thank you for sharing the recipe ! And when I also prepare the fava and the dried tomatoe cupcakes I will have a little meze buffet :-) By the way, the pictures are georgeous.... A big hug from Vienna to Athens, angelika  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I LOVE feta cheese and I really like this recipe. I'm gathering quite a collection from you already. Thank you!

    Best,
    Paz  

  3. # Blogger evcilkedi

    Angelika, how sweet to have compliments about antipasto from a master like yourself.Thank you very much! Bigger hugs back:-)

    Paz, I tried the same with small mozzeralla balls and they were quiet tasty too, you can try both. And thank you for encouraging a new beginner:-)  

Post a Comment


  domestic cat









© 2006 domestic cat | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.